Check out the Alaskan Outpost this September 8th at the Trick or Treat in the Heat event! location: Kincaid Park - West Anchorage date: September 8th time: between 5PM - 8PM
What is ToTitH? Trick or Treat in the Heat (TOTITH) is a neighborhood-wide early Halloween celebration. Anyone who has experienced Trick or Treat with late October Alaskan weather knows what a borderline miserable experience it can be for our kids here (and their parents)! By holding it in early September, the kids get to wear their costumes without cold weather gear. The event has grown every year, and in 2013 will consist of four separate events, across five neighborhoods.
1. Legion elections will begin at 12:01am GMT on the 1st Saturday of February. Nominations will be open for 5 days beginning on Saturday and concluding on the Wednesday immediately following. FOR 2012 WE WILL BE STARTING AT 12:01 GMT ON SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 4TH.
2. At 12:01am GMT Thursday, the question-and-answer phase begins and runs for 5 days, closing on the Monday immediately following. The next 24 hours are reserved for candidates' closing statements. FOR 2012, Q&A WILL BE STARTING AT 12:01 GMT ON THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 9TH.
3. Voting will open from Wednesday following the closing statements and be available for 5 days, ending on the following Sunday. FOR 2012, VOTING WILL OPEN AT 12:01 GMT ON WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 15TH AND ENDING AT 12:00 MIDNIGHT GMT ON SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 19TH
4. The remainder of the month is reserved for transitioning between administrations. Elected candidates will take office at 12:01am GMT on March 1st.
1. Signatures may contain campaign signs or graphics no larger than 720 x 100 . (Text should not be made larger than standard forum font size. Animated GIFs in signatures are to be removed.) Please keep all campaign signs tasteful.
2. Avatars may be used for campaigning, within forum limitations.
3. Candidates may use one or the other (signature graphic or avatar) but not both.
4. Previous rules on campaigning outlined in election guidelines still apply.
5. Posts deemed as "flames" will be edited or deleted upon judgment of the Legion Captains of the Guard or assigned moderator.
6. If you don't like a candidate's answer, don't goad him or her into a prolonged fight or "discussion" in an attempt to make him or her bend to your point of view. (its simple, Don't vote for that person.)
7. No passive-aggressive, leading questions designed to embarrass, humiliate, or otherwise maneuver a candidate into a corner. Just as I expect candidates to be fair to you and each other, I expect you to be fair to all candidates, whether you agree with them and their points of view or not.
8. If a member has a post removed, or Edited , or is asked to "Cool Down" by a member of the Moderating team, or the LCotGs, then PLEASE do so. Do not give cause for us to take further action, please !!!!
*Anything not expressly addressed herein may be subject to additional rulings as determined at any time by the Legion Captains of the Guard. Candidates and voters are expected to comply.
This list is not an all-encompassing list of rules. Other rules may be added or modified as the situations require. Any issues may be brought to the Legion Captains of the Guard who are responsible for overseeing this process. Any decision made by the Legion Captains of the Guard are not open for debate, it is final.
Notes on Campaigns :
Candidates, please keep any e-mail/PM/other private communication channel campaigns focused on your own campaign. Do not run any negative attack ads against other candidates, and do not add additional information not readily available for member scrutiny in the election forum. In other words, your campaigns in their entirety should be accessible by all Legion members -- a smaller subset of Legion members should not be getting more information than any other. Breaches in this will be dealt with very quickly, with posts removed, deleted and/or edited and may result in further disiplinary action.
Please respect the wishes of Legion members and avoid spamming them (spam defined as repetitive e-mails). If Legion members ask you not to contact them regarding elections , please respect their wishes.
Note for Detachment Membership :
In order to nominate a candidate for DL and vote for a DL, you must be a member of that Detachment in the Legion database, not just in the Detachment forum. To certify Detachment membership, you must first have an eligible costume covered by that Detachment approved by your GML. Then, do the following:
-Go to the "Membership DB" on the Legion forum. The link is in the left menu. -Select "YOUR PROFILE DATA" -Scroll down to "Your Unit Affiliation" -Click "Edit" (If the costume has been approved by your GML, the Detachment you want to join will be listed as "Detachment Affiliation(s): Eligible:" ) -Click "Add." (After that, the Detachment Leader MUST approve your request before it will appear in the Detachment list. ONLY THEN will you be able to participate in Detachment elections. )
Please note this is for active 501st members only. If you are currently 'inactive' on the forums, but trooped in the last year and wish to be reactivated, contact me directly for assistance in that matter.
Alaska, one of the last frontiers on this planet is now covered by the Empire's 501st Army. Our mission is to provide a home base for those troopers in the great white north who love to celebrate the Star Wars movies by costuming and creating props while meeting the costume standards in legion charter of the 501st.
Our dedication is to find more movie enthusiasts to join our troops and to...